Your Class Session
When your class session is started you’ll see numerous things:
- How long until your class ends
- A button to end your class NOW
- A Live Tabs (shows what tabs the student has open on their device, not just what’s on their screen) VS a All Screens (shows what’s currently up on a student’s screen)
- A dropdown to change what session is currently active in your class
- A tile for each student in your class
- Commands for your class (Open a website for all students, add an allowed website quickly into your existing session rules, lock down all students browsers in the class)
This shows the ‘All Screens’ toggle vs. Live Tabs in the previous image.
Clicking on a student will bring their tile up to full screen
Here you can see what’s on their screen and what tabs they have opened.
You can also:
- Take a screenshot of the student’s screen
- Send a message to this student
- Click the 3 vertical dots for more commands (thumbnail view — the original tile view, split view — side by side of multiple students, and LOCK browser)
- Close a tab a student has open
Sending a message
Click the message icon to send a message to a student.
The message will pop up for the student.
You can see your open / active chats by clicking the Chat icon in the bottom right corner.
Students can also Open a chat with their teacher by clicking the Deledao icon in the extensions (top right corner of Chrome next to the URL bar and Favorite Star) and clicking Message Teacher.
They can also click Raise Hand which will show you a hand icon on their tile notifying you that they raised their hand virtually.
To Lock a student click the 3 vertical dots and click Lock Browser.
The student will not be able to close their tab, open another tab, or interact with anything until unlocked.