- The Monitor will act as a second monitor to your Chromebook, you can use both, mirror them, or even shut the Chromebook so you’re looking at a single screen, just like the traditional desktop you have used in the past
- The Chromebook will charge
- You will have a wired mouse and keyboard just like a traditional desktop
- If you have a USB printer, it will be connected
- If you have any other USB device – a webcam, headset, speakers, etc. they will also be connected
- You can use the webcam on the Chromebook still for use with meetings (Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
- Sound will come out of the speakers if you have dedicated ones on your desk
How can I switch between mirroring (the same screen shows up on the monitor and Chromebook when docked) and extending (each screen is independant and you can use both side by side)?
We have a tutorial step-by-step on how to do this here:
How do I use it with my monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers/dock it?
You’ll have a single USB-C cable coming from your monitor/docking station. Plug that into either side of the Chromebook. By default the screen will be ‘Extended’ so you now have (2) monitors.
Can I bring the Chromebook home with me?
Yes, teachers will this setup can freely bring the Chromebook home, to other rooms, etc. for school use.
Please note that these are the property of the school district and should not be used for any use outside of educational use with Hopedale Public Schools, they are not a personal device. If a device is lost or stolen while outside of the district you may be held responsible for the cost of the full replacement.
What is the charger for?
The charger is for use at home or when not in your classroom, the DOCKING STATION will charge your chromebook.
DO NOT plug in the charging cable while also using your docking station.
What if I have a Smartboard or projector currently connected to my desktop?
A few classrooms still have the model of a projector / smartboard being connected to their desktop. While we phase this out (you will be receiving a standalone smartboard with a dedicated device to control it over the 22-23, 23-24 or 24-25 school year) your desktop will be moved to be dedicated for your projector / smartboard along with a wireless keyboard and mouse.